Breast augmentationoraugmentation mammaplasty,is a surgical procedure thatinvolves using of breast implantsor fat transfer, to increase the size of breasts or restore breast volume that has been lost after weight reduction or pregnancy.
Ideal candidate for Breast augmentation
Hernia Surgeon in India, Fistula Surgeon in India, Piles Surgeon in India, Stomach Cancer in India, Colon Cancer Surgeon in India, Gastrologist in India, Breast Augmentation in India, Gynecomastia Correction Surgery in India, Breast Cancer Surgery in India, Colon Cancer Removal Treatment in India, Stomach Cancer Removal Treatment in India, Thyroid Cancer Surgery in India, Skin Cancer Surgery in India, Surgery for Rectal Cancer in India, Injection or Sclerotherapy in India, Karydakis Procedure in India, Laparoscopic Appendectomy in India, Laparoscopic Removal of Gall Bladder in India, Laparoscopic Hernia Repair in India, Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication for GERD in India, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in India, Balloon Dilatation of Achalasia in India, Tension-Free Hernia Repair in India, Laser Surgery for Hemorrhoids in India, Laser Surgery for Piles in India, Rubber Band Ligation for Hemorrhoids in India, Ligation of the Intersphincteric Fistula Tract in India, Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in India, Thyroid Surgery Treatment in India
- Physically healthy females with realistic expectations
- Fully developed breasts
- Too small breasts
- Breasts that have lost shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging
- Empty upper part of breast
- Asymmetrical breasts
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally or have an elongated shape
Under local or general anesthesia, the procedure starts with the surgeon making an incision in the breast followed by lifting the breast tissue to create a pocket in the breast area and placing an implant in the pocket. Breast implants are placed either above or below the pectoral muscle. Other than this fat transfer can also be performed in which surgeon removes the patient’s own fat, using liposuction, processes the fat and then injects it into the breasts.
What are types of implants that can be used in breast augmentation?
Depending upon the medical history, body shape and aesthetic goals, surgeon may choose from the following implants:
- Saline-filled breast implants
- Silicone-filled breast implants
- Cohesive gel silicone implants, also known as “gummy bear” or “form stable” implants
Breast augmentation results
Breast augmentation results are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will subside and incision lines will fade.
Advantages of breast augmentation:
- Increases the fullness and projection of breasts
- Enhance, regain or restore the figure balance
- Enhances self-image and self-confidence
- Gives better appearance in clothes and swimwear
- Implants do not interfere with the breast milk in breast feeding females
Other Cosmetic Procedures Performed: